HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DOG
All dogs are different, in both size and physique – that’s why we love them so much! It’s no fun for your dog if they are adorning the latest fashions but their products don’t fit well.
Use our handy sizing guide to ensure your dog is comfortably strutting their SnuggleDogz products for weeks to come.
- Use a soft measuring tape or a piece of string and a ruler.
- Do not rely on the dogs’ breed, age or weight.
- If your dog is between sizes, then always go up a size.
- Neck girth is taken by measuring the circumference of the neck where the collar would normally sit.
- Harnesses tend to sit a little lower than collars, so take this in to account when measuring neck girth.
- Back length is measured from the base of your dogs’ neck to the base of the tail.
- Chest girth is taken from the widest part of the dog’s chest, usually behind the front legs.
- Ensure your dog is standing in a normal position when taking all measurements.
- When measuring, pull the tape or string snug but not tight.
- Leave enough room around the product for two fingers to fit snuggly between the product and the dog.
- Please note: a small bow tie will only fit collars and harnesses with a width of 2cm. If you have purchased a M, L or XL collar, the small bow tie will not attach securely. If you have purchased a M or L harness, the small bow tie will not attach securely.
- The sizing for each individual product can be found on the 'size' tab of each product.